Betty Crocker White Chocolate Macaroon Cookies (Cookie Mix) Christmas RecipesEaster RecipesDesserts
Get three dozen rich macaroon cookies in minutes when you use an easy sugar cookie mix.
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ devil’s food cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 6 oz vanilla-flavoured candy coating (almond bark), melted
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 bag (32 oz) powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon sky blue paste food colour
- White decorator sugar crystals
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Portions: 36 cookies
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place foil or paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups. Make cake mix as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs. Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake and cool as directed for cupcakes.
- Meanwhile, line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. Spoon melted candy coating into small resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Cut off tiny corner of bag. Twist bag above coating; squeeze bag to pipe 24 snowflakes onto cookie sheet. Let stand until set.
- In large bowl, beat butter and half of the powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gradually add remaining powdered sugar alternately with milk, beating until frosting is smooth and spreadable. Add food color and mix well.
- Spoon frosting into large decorating bag fitted with #827 star tip. Starting at 12 o’clock on outer edge of each cupcake and using constant pressure on bag, pipe frosting clockwise for 3 rotations, working toward center and ending in small peak. Decorate with sugar crystals. Top each cupcake with 1 almond bark snowflake.