* - required fields
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with baking paper or parchment paper. Grease your paper with Blue Band Margarine.
(Lining the pan with baking paper makes it easy to remove brownies from the pan. You can remove them right out by lifting the paper.)
2. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, melt Blue Band Margarine and chocolate by placing the bowl over a pot of simmering water, stirring until melted completely.
(You can substitute milk chocolate for semi-sweet chocolate but reduce the quantity of sugar as milk chocolate is sweeter.)
5. While it cools, stir together sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and coffee powder in another bowl.
6. Pour the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. Stir until combined.
7. Add the flour mixture little by little and whisk to incorporate completely.
8. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
9. Remove from oven and cool on a rack. Cut Brownies into squares and serve.
Please login to comment.