Easter Carrot Pineapple Cake
* - required fields
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 8oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 8oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Blue Band Margarine, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
PreparationPrep Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 45 minutes
1) Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C). Grease with Blue Band Margarine and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
2) Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon, then add sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth. Stir in carrots, coconut, walnuts and pineapple.
3) Pour into a 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. The centre may sink a little. Allow to cool.
4) To make the frosting: cream Blue Band Margarine and cream cheese until smooth. Add the confectioners' sugar and beat until creamy. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Please login to comment.
- The Carlton's Choice brand offers superior quality products at affordable prices to give our customers value for their hard-earned money.
Monthly FlyerScore BIG SAVINGS at JTA Download PDF
Featured Food Tip
When buying vegetables and fruits for a salad, choose a wide variety of colours. Each colour shade will offer a different set of nutrients, called antioxidants. The deeper and darker the colour, the richer the food is with these disease-fighting antioxidants. Try a deep green lettuce mix topped with red sweet pepper, cucumber slices, sweet potato and shredded beetroot.