Easter Carrot Pineapple Cake
* - required fields
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 8oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 8oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Blue Band Margarine, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
PreparationPrep Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 45 minutes
1) Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C). Grease with Blue Band Margarine and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
2) Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon, then add sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth. Stir in carrots, coconut, walnuts and pineapple.
3) Pour into a 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. The centre may sink a little. Allow to cool.
4) To make the frosting: cream Blue Band Margarine and cream cheese until smooth. Add the confectioners' sugar and beat until creamy. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Please login to comment.
- The Carlton's Choice brand offers superior quality products at affordable prices to give our customers value for their hard-earned money.
Monthly FlyerCatch the Savings this Lent! Download PDF
Featured Food Tip
Pear rounds are an attractive addition to recipes. If the pear is very firm, core it first, and then slice it across the circumference, rather than from top to bottom. For riper, softer pears, slice the pear rounds first, then use a paring knife to remove the core and the hard flesh surrounding it.