I.T. TechnicianE-mail this job vacancy to a friend
* - required fields
J.T.A. Supermarkets Ltd. is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to join our team as an I.T. Technician.
The successful candidate will be required to provide technical support to the organisation. The Company owns and operates one of the largest supermarket chains in Trinidad. Its locations are primarily based in the south and central part of the country.
- Provides 1st level support for computer systems
- Provides support for desktop applications
- Provides support for Point of Sale system
- Provides support to end users for Windows, Office, and SMS
- Handles PC configuration and deployment
- Executes departmental administrative tasks
- Execute and monitor backup
- Troubleshooting and repairs of miscellaneous hardware such as computers, PDA, printers and price checkers
- Orientation and training of new staff in use of computer systems
- Create Manuals and Users' Guides for software and hardware
Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrates knowledge of Windows Servers and Desktop products
- Functional knowledge of Active Directory
- Functional knowledge of Exchange Server 2003/2010
- Prior knowledge supporting networks
- The ability to multi-task and to work with minimal supervision
Qualification & Experience:
- A Degree or Associates Degree in a related discipline or Recommended
- Preferred Certifications: MCSE, MCSA, MCTIP, A+
- At least two (2) years in a comparable position
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
A standard J.T.A. application must be completed to be considered for employment. Unsuitable applicants will not be acknowledged.
Please contact the Human Resources Department for more information.
J.T.A. Supermarkets Ltd.
61 St. James Street,
Phone: 652-3611 Ext. 183 or 611
- The Carlton's Choice brand offers superior quality products at affordable prices to give our customers value for their hard-earned money.
Monthly FlyerTis the Season to Save at JTA - Christmas Specials 2017 Download PDF
Featured Food Tip
Food safety experts recommend thawing foods in the refrigerator or the microwave oven, or putting the package in a water-tight plastic bag submerged in cold water and changing the water every 30 minutes. Gradual defrosting overnight in the refrigerator is best because it helps maintain quality.When microwaving, follow package directions. Leave about 2 inches (about 5 centimeters) between the food and the inside surface of the microwave to allow heat to circulate. Smaller items will defrost more evenly than larger pieces of food. Foods defrosted in the microwave oven should be cooked immediately after thawing.Do not thaw meat, poultry and fish products on the counter or in the sink without cold water; bacteria can multiply rapidly at room temperature.