ReceptionistE-mail this job vacancy to a friend
* - required fields
J.T.A. Supermarkets Ltd. is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to join our team as a RECEPTIONIST.
Main Purpose of Job
To provide front desk support on a daily basis and perform a variety of administrative and clerical duties
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms, etc.)
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, etc.)
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing
- Provide support to the accounting department as advised
- Assist with the preparation of Vouchers
- Perform all other job-related functions as required
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a Receptionist role
- 5 CXC (O'Levels) inclusive of Mathematics and English
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Secretarial Course would be an asset.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good telephone etiquette
- Ability to work in a Team environment
Deadline for submission: October 31st, 2017
A standard J.T.A. application must be completed to be considered for employment.
Unsuitable applicants will not be acknowledged.
Please contact the Human Resources Department for more information.
J.T.A. Supermarkets Ltd.
61 St. James Street,
Phone: 652-3611 Ext. 183 or 611
- The Carlton's Choice brand offers superior quality products at affordable prices to give our customers value for their hard-earned money.
Monthly FlyerScore BIG SAVINGS at JTA Download PDF
Featured Food Tip
If you want to keep your bread fresh, place store bought bread directly in the freezer. The plastic bag that it came in will keep it protected for a few weeks. For long-term storage, wrap the bread in plastic wrap and use a resealable freezer bag. Slicing your loaf before freezing it will allow you to pull out only what you need. To thaw, simply place in the refrigerator overnight or thaw at room temperature for 2-3 hours. To serve warm, wrap in foil and bake at 350oF for 15 to 20 minutes. Microwaving is not recommended as it leaves the bread chewy and/or soggy.