Callaloo Low CarbSoupsVegetarian
- 3 tablespoons Blue Band Margarine
- 2 tablespoons Golden Ray Margarine
- 6 cups chooped dasheen leaves
- 1/4 cup pumkin, peeled and chopped
- 1 Scotch bonnet pepper (optional)
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 sping chive, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 teaspoon parsley, finely chopped
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 30 mins Serves 6
- Melt Blue Band Margarine with onion, garlic, chive, pimento, thyme, and parsley in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes
- Add dasheen, pumpkin, ochroes and coconut milk. Lower het, cover and simmer for 15-20minutes, Stir occassionally.
- Add Golden Ray, bouillon cube, salt to taste and Scotch bonnet (optional). Cook for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from stove and let cool for 15 minutes before blending. Make sure to remove the Scotch bonnet.
- Blend the ingredients in a processor or blender.
- Serve hot with Pelau or delicious stewed Chicken
Please login to comment.