Gulab Jamoon East Indian DelicaciesDesserts
- 3 lbs flour
- 1 lb Blue Band Margarine (approx. two (2) 240g Blue Band Margarine bricks)
- 1 tin condensed milk
- Evaporated milk or cold water for kneading
- Spice/Ginger (optional)
For Sugar Syrup:
- 1.5 lbs sugar
- 3 cups water
- Mix all ingredients with cold water or evaporated milk until dough is soft.
- Roll into small pieces, then roll into long shape.
- Fry in hot oil until brown, on low heat.
- For sugar syrup, combine sugar and hot water and stir until it forms a thick syrup.
- Pour hot sugar syrup on cooled gulab jamoon and turn until all pieces are coated.