Gulab Jamun East Indian DelicaciesDesserts
- All-purpose flour - 1 cup
- KERRYGOLD Milk powder - 1 1/2 cups
- Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp.
- Yogurt or regular heavy cream
For the Syrup:
- Sugar - 2 1/2 to 3 cups
- Water - 3 cups
- Cardamon pods - 4 nos
- Saffron - a few strands (optional)
- Sift all-purpose flour, milk powder and baking soda together.
- Add sufficient quantity of heavy cream or yogurt and knead well to form a soft dough.(like chappathi dough)
- Keep aside for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine sugar and water in a pan and cook for 5 minutes or until it thickens slightly. Add cardamon pods and saffron and keep aside.
- Make small balls out of dough (almost 25 to28 nos) and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry these balls over medium low heat until it turns dark golden brown in color.
- Drain these cooked balls into the sugar syrup and keep aside until the jamuns are completely soaked in the sugar syrup.