Hot Cross Buns
* - required fields
- 1 3/4 OZs (50g) Blue Band Margarine
- 2 1/2 Ibs flour
- 2 cups cold water
- 7 OZs mixed fruits
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 sachets (1 tablespoon) yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 OZ milk powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence (add to water)
- Yellow food colouring (add to water)
- Mix all the above ingredients into a smooth well developed dough.
- Divide the dough into two (2) ounce pieces, ball smoothly and place 4 inches apart on a baking tray.
- Place in an enclosed cupboard and allow to rise to twice the origional size, then bake in an oven pre- heated to 3250C for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Royal Icing for Cross, 1 sachet icing sugar, 1-2 egg whites
Mix to a smooth paste that can hold a peak when a finger is inserted into it & removed.
Please login to comment.
- The Carlton's Choice brand offers superior quality products at affordable prices to give our customers value for their hard-earned money.
Monthly FlyerSeptember Savings Download PDF
Featured Food Tip
Firm, slightly under ripe pears work best for cooking, as really ripe pears add too much moisture to baked goods. You can also substitute firm pears in most recipes that call for apples. The skin of a pear darkens when cooked, so peel pears first if desired.