Hot Cross Buns
* - required fields
- 1 3/4 OZs (50g) Blue Band Margarine
- 2 1/2 Ibs flour
- 2 cups cold water
- 7 OZs mixed fruits
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 sachets (1 tablespoon) yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 OZ milk powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence (add to water)
- Yellow food colouring (add to water)
- Mix all the above ingredients into a smooth well developed dough.
- Divide the dough into two (2) ounce pieces, ball smoothly and place 4 inches apart on a baking tray.
- Place in an enclosed cupboard and allow to rise to twice the origional size, then bake in an oven pre- heated to 3250C for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Royal Icing for Cross, 1 sachet icing sugar, 1-2 egg whites
Mix to a smooth paste that can hold a peak when a finger is inserted into it & removed.
Please login to comment.
- The Carlton's Choice brand offers superior quality products at affordable prices to give our customers value for their hard-earned money.
Monthly FlyerMother's Day Savings Download PDF
Featured Food Tip
Food safety experts recommend thawing foods in the refrigerator or the microwave oven, or putting the package in a water-tight plastic bag submerged in cold water and changing the water every 30 minutes. Gradual defrosting overnight in the refrigerator is best because it helps maintain quality.When microwaving, follow package directions. Leave about 2 inches (about 5 centimeters) between the food and the inside surface of the microwave to allow heat to circulate. Smaller items will defrost more evenly than larger pieces of food. Foods defrosted in the microwave oven should be cooked immediately after thawing.Do not thaw meat, poultry and fish products on the counter or in the sink without cold water; bacteria can multiply rapidly at room temperature.