Hot Cross Buns
* - required fields
- 1 3/4 OZs (50g) Blue Band Margarine
- 2 1/2 Ibs flour
- 2 cups cold water
- 7 OZs mixed fruits
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 sachets (1 tablespoon) yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 OZ milk powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence (add to water)
- Yellow food colouring (add to water)
- Mix all the above ingredients into a smooth well developed dough.
- Divide the dough into two (2) ounce pieces, ball smoothly and place 4 inches apart on a baking tray.
- Place in an enclosed cupboard and allow to rise to twice the origional size, then bake in an oven pre- heated to 3250C for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Royal Icing for Cross, 1 sachet icing sugar, 1-2 egg whites
Mix to a smooth paste that can hold a peak when a finger is inserted into it & removed.
Please login to comment.
- The Carlton's Choice brand offers superior quality products at affordable prices to give our customers value for their hard-earned money.
Monthly FlyerChristmas Specials just for YOU! Download PDF
Featured Food Tip
Poaching means to cook food gently in liquid, keeping the temperature just below the boiling point. Pears are often poached in a vanilla-sugar syrup or red wine. Poaching preserves and enhances a pear’s delicate flavor. It also improves the fruit’s texture by drawing water back into the flesh. Poached pears will stay fresh for up to a week when refrigerated.