Jowar Burfi/ Jowar Flour Fudge East Indian DelicaciesDesserts
- Jowar flour/Sorghum flour - 1 cup
- Water - 1/4 cup (or more)
- Powdered jaggery - 3/4 cup(loosely packed)
- Ghee - 1/4 cup
- Caradom powder - 1/4 tsp
- In a heavy bottomed pan, dry roast jowar flour until it turns golden. Allow it to cool slightly.
- In a pan, combine together water and powdered jaggery, cook until it turns slightly thick and sticky.
- Add roasted jowar flour, ghee and cardamom powder, stir continuously for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer this onto a greased tray, level the surface using a spatula. Garnish with grated cashew nuts or almonds, if desired. Cut this into squares; allow it to cool completely before serving.
Do not cook the jaggery for too long, if you do so the burfi will turn very hard as it cools.