Jowar Burfi/ Jowar Flour Fudge East Indian DelicaciesDesserts
- Jowar flour/Sorghum flour - 1 cup
- Water - 1/4 cup (or more)
- Powdered jaggery - 3/4 cup(loosely packed)
- Ghee - 1/4 cup
- Caradom powder - 1/4 tsp
- In a heavy bottomed pan, dry roast jowar flour until it turns golden. Allow it to cool slightly.
- In a pan, combine together water and powdered jaggery, cook until it turns slightly thick and sticky.
- Add roasted jowar flour, ghee and cardamom powder, stir continuously for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer this onto a greased tray, level the surface using a spatula. Garnish with grated cashew nuts or almonds, if desired. Cut this into squares; allow it to cool completely before serving.
Do not cook the jaggery for too long, if you do so the burfi will turn very hard as it cools.
Please login to comment.