« back to JTA Thank You card
Effective date: October 17, 2016
- The JTA Thank You program is one way in which JTA Supermarkets endeavours to reward and thank loyal customers for patronizing our business. JTA Thank You cardholders are able to earn and accumulate JTA and MAGNA points that can be redeemed for grocery discounts or gifts.
- JTA Supermarkets reserves the right to refuse an application for a JTA Thank You card for any reason.
- Cardholders must be 16 years of age or older.
- Upon registration an account will be established which links the new JTA Thank You account to the individual’s new or existing MAGNA account. Both the JTA Thank You account and the MAGNA account will independently earn JTA points and MAGNA points respectively.
- JTA Supermarkets still remains a MAGNA Rewards Merchant. MAGNA points may be earned by shopping at MAGNA Rewards Merchants while JTA points can ONLY be earned by shopping at JTA Supermarkets. MAGNA vouchers may be redeemed at MAGNA Rewards Merchants and at other MAGNA Rewards Associates while JTA points can ONLY be redeemed at JTA Supermarkets.
- You can earn points when making a purchase at JTA Supermarkets by presenting your JTA Thank You card before the close of your Checkout transaction. Transactions at the C3 Centre pharmacy and on the purchase of JTA vouchers are exempted from earning points.
- For every twenty dollars ($20.00) spent at JTA Supermarkets the paying cardholder will earn one (1) JTA point and one (1) Magna point. Your JTA points balance will expire if you do not earn at least one (1) JTA point within 12 months after your last point was earned.
- The JTA Thank You card may not be transferred to any person not named on your JTA Thank You account.
- JTA Thank You cardholders are prohibited from gaining or attempting to gain points from any transaction that they are not paying for. This is considered as fraudulent and can result in the termination of the JTA Thank You account.
- Points will be added to JTA Thank You accounts on immediate qualifying transactions from JTA Supermarkets. JTA Supermarkets will correct any mistakes made that can be reasonably supported and that, where applicable, are authorised by JTA Supermarkets.
- If you void or cancel a purchase made with your JTA Thank You card, JTA Supermarkets will deduct the points that were earned for that purchase, potentially resulting in a negative points balance on your account. For example, returned items within a transaction.
- At every transaction, receipts will clearly state the points accumulated, points earned and points available for redemption. To qualify, a customer must have accumulated a minimum number of points on their account. These purchases are governed under the normal terms of sale. Cardholders are expected to produce their JTA Thank You Card and photo ID for inspection and recording at the point of redemption.
- From time to time, JTA Supermarkets or others acting with our permission, may offer you special promotions that offer you “Bonus JTA points”. Bonus JTA points will be awarded as described in the applicable promotional offer and will be subject to any additional terms set forth in the promotional offer. Bonus JTA points may come with an expiry date, after which they may not be redeemed.
- JTA points can be redeemed as a discount off your purchase at JTA Supermarkets. A minimum of 100 JTA points must be accumulated in order to redeem at a rate of 100 points for every $10.00 discount. The discount applied cannot exceed the total of the purchase. JTA points can also be redeemed for gifts offered at select times.
- There are no membership fees associated with the JTA Thank You program. Points accumulated under the program are promotional and have no cash value. Your points and your JTA Thank You account may not be sold, transferred or assigned to others, or used by you for any commercial purpose.
- Without notice to you, JTA Supermarkets also reserves the right to terminate any JTA Thank You account that has been inactive for one (1) year. Inactive is defined as no points earned. In the event that your JTA Thank You card or account is terminated, then all accumulated points in your account are void.
- JTA Supermarkets staff or representatives to whom you have presented your card will request personal information about you to update our database for the purposes of marketing and customer relations.
- JTA Supermarkets reserves the right to terminate, discontinue or cancel the JTA Thank You program at any time and in its sole discretion without notice to you.