Khurma East Indian DelicaciesDesserts
- 5 lbs flour
- 1 lb Blue Band Margarine (approx. two (2) 240g Blue Band Margarine bricks)
- 1 tin condensed milk
- Evaporated milk or cold water for kneading
- Spice/Ginger (optional)
For Sugar Syrup:
- 2.5 lbs sugar
- 6 cups water
- Combine all ingredients and knead until a stiff dough is formed.
- Roll into 3 balls.
- Cut into long strips then roll out and cut into desired cube sizes.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- For sugar syrup, combine sugar and hot water and stir until it forms a thick syrup.
- Pour hot sugar syrup on cooled khurma and turn until all pieces are coated.