* - required fields
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 22 minutes
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan; set aside.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons of Blue Band Margarine. Spread in a 10-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat and cook red peppers and onions, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until tender; set aside to cool
3. Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, corn starch, baking powder and salt in a large bowl; set aside.
4. Melt the remaining 6 tablespoons of Blue Band Margarine. Beat milk, eggs and melted Blue Band Margarine in a medium bowl with wire whisk. Stir into flour mixture just until blended. Fold in red pepper mixture and cheese. Evenly spoon batter into prepared pan.
5. Bake for 17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centres comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack then remove from pans.
6. For the Cilantro Spread, blend Blue Bland Margarine, cilantro and grated lime peel in a small bowl. Slather onto warm muffins.
Please login to comment.