Stewed Lentils Low CarbVegetarian
- 3 tablespoons Blue Band Margarine
- 2 tablespoons Golden Ray Margarine
- 1 tin lentils or 2 cups lentils soaked in water overnight
- 3- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 sprigs chive, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 bouillon cube (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 30 mins Serves 6
- In a deep, heavy pot over medium- high heat, melt Blue Band Margarine and 2 tablespoons of sugar, stirring constantly until the mixture becomes frothy.
- When the mixture begins to a darker brown quickly and lentils, without water (don't wait too long or the stew will have a slightly bitter taste). Stir and let cook for 5 -10 minutes.
- Add Golden Ray, garlic, chive, onion, thyme, water and ketchup, (optional) bouillon cube, salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 20-30 minutes or until lentils are soft and gravy has thickened.
- Serve hot with Pelau or delicious stewed Chicken