* - required fields
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1) In a deep, heavy pot over medium-high heat, melt Blue Band Margarine and 2 tablespoons of sugar, stirring constantly until the mixture becomes frothy.
2) When the mixture begins to turn a darker brown quickly add kidney beans (don't wait too long or the stew will have a slightly bitter taste).
3) Mix in Golden Ray, ketchup, pumpkin, carrots, chopped herbs, thyme and coconut milk. Cook for 10-12 minutes.
4) Cover and cook for 15 minutes, over low heat, stirring every 5 minutes. Add water to keep the stew from drying out. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5) Serve hot with Pelau or delicious stewed Chicken - see our recipe cards for the recipes.
Please login to comment.