* - required fields
For the glaze
Prep: 1 hour
Bake: 20-30 minutes
Makes 2 dozen buns
1) In a large bowl mix 2 cups milk, Blue Band Margarine, and 1/2 cup sugar in a saucepan. Stir and heat until very warm but not boiling. Turn off the heat and allow mixture to cool (about 30 minutes).
2) Sprinkle yeast over the cooled mixture. Mix in 4 cups of flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, cinnamon, other spices and raisins, then cover with a towel and set aside for 1 hour.
3) Pinch off ping pong or golf ball-size bunches of dough. With floured hands, quickly roll them into balls. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Cover and allow to rise in a warm place for at least 30-45 minutes.
4) Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahranheit.
5) To gaze the buns, mix 1 egg white with a spalsh of milk. Brush onto each roll.
6) Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
7) For the icing, mix one egg white with icing sugar. Mix a small splash of milk as needed until icing is thick and runny.
8) Pour icing into an icing bag with nozzle or into a sandwich bag, snipping one corner to creat a nozzle. Make icing crosses on each roll then serve fresh.
Please login to comment.