Tropical Fruit Cake
* - required fields
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
5 eggs, separated into yolks and whites
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
150g dried tropical fruit and nuts plus extra for decoration
PreparationPrep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 60 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4. Grease a loaf tin (approximately 25x10cm or 2lbs) and dust with flour.
- Blend Blue Band Margarine with sugar and vanilla. Keeping blending while adding one egg yolk at a time.
- In a separate bowl whisk egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into flour and baking powder. Add to the other mixture and finally fold in the dried tropical fruits and mix all together.
- Place the cake in the prepared tin.
- Bake for approximately 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. Once done, remove from the tin and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled you can sprinkle with mixed chopped nuts and dried fruits for decoration.
Please login to comment.
- The Carlton's Choice brand offers superior quality products at affordable prices to give our customers value for their hard-earned money.
Monthly FlyerLower prices have ARRIVED at JTA Download PDF
Featured Food Tip
Poaching means to cook food gently in liquid, keeping the temperature just below the boiling point. Pears are often poached in a vanilla-sugar syrup or red wine. Poaching preserves and enhances a pear’s delicate flavor. It also improves the fruit’s texture by drawing water back into the flesh. Poached pears will stay fresh for up to a week when refrigerated.